Position Name: Accounting Services Rep
Title of Immediate Supervisor: Director of Accounting
This position is responsible for entering contracts, reconciling funeral home inventory and working funds, entering deposits, coding all invoices, determining which invoices are eligible for use tax consideration, entering information into payables system, collecting completed W9s from new vendors, and identifying which payable items are exempt from 1099 reporting. Responsible for printing payable checks weekly. Also responsible for customer service inquiries from vendors and our internal customers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Demonstrate Core Values of Excellence, Trust, Care and Growth in performing all aspects of position.
2. Maintain a positive work environment by behaving and communicating in a manner so that you get along with families, co-workers and management.
3. Remain up-to-date on Navigator reading as assigned.
4. Enter daily deposits into system.
5. Enter contracts and merchandise invoices into Great Plains.
6. Enter adjustments to Accounts Receivable as received.
7. Ensure the aging report is accurate and available every Friday.
8. Complete and submit sales tax forms for each location monthly and quarterly.
9. Develop constructive and cooperative working relationship with funeral home staff and be available to answer any questions they might have concerning your area of responsibility.
10. Maintain inventory as received and reconcile inventory annually.
11. Compile month-end reports for all funeral homes and management.
12. Compile and mail monthly statements for all funeral home locations.
13. Determine proper general ledger coding on all invoices.
14. Enter invoices into payables system accurately and timely.
15. Identify invoices which should have use tax remitted.
16. Collect and process W9s from new vendors.
17. Process expense reports.
18. Print payables checks weekly.
19. Verify that the correct invoices have been electronically matched with weekly checks.
20. Work directly with vendors, obtaining needed information and answering all questions.
21. Work with funeral home and cemetery staff, providing information and answering any questions they might have regarding payment of invoices.
22. Back up phones as needed, always maintaining a pleasant, helpful and professional attitude.
23. Light housekeeping to keep the facilities and grounds in perfect order. This includes keeping work areas tidy, picking up litter on the grounds and general straightening up.
Educational and Skill Requirements
• A high school education or GED
• A minimum of one year of similar or related experience
• Basic office skills including Microsoft Office and accounting system knowledge
• Good people skills with ability to relate to a wide range of people
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
• Ability to work independently within a team environment
• Efficient and accurate
• Ability to manage time effectively in order to organize and prioritize work load
• Ability to work under time constraints and conform with established schedules and deadlines
• Ability to adapt to procedural and system changes.
The above duties are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities for this position nor are they intended to be a listing of prerequisite skills and abilities. The purpose of this job description is to describe the general nature of the position.